I love cranberries! And grapes, but that’s another story. I got this recipe from Baking Bites and modified it a little bit. Yields around 40 cookies.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- zest of one large orange
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in orange zest.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine flour mixture with butter/sugar mixture.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets..
- Bake for 9-12 minutes (when bottom edges are golden brown).
- I definitely added more than a cup of walnuts and cranberries because I don’t know the meaning of control. Still tastes good though.
- I’ve come to realize that I just don’t really care about salt all that much when I bake.
Tasty tasty. Orange zest is amazing.
I didn’t have room temperature butter, so I microwaved it for a little bit, being careful not to melt it entirely. The butter was pretty hard though and it made the dough a little difficult to work, but the end result was fine. I baked the cookies for 10 minutes.
When these cookies cool, they get a kind of hard and they become like mini scones. Good times.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment